BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today's Lunch Boxes

Last night, before heading to bed, I put all the ingredients in the bread machine for a fresh loaf for school today.  When I went to make lunch, my daughter told me she wanted her chicken salad with triscuits, not on bread.  Ugh!  So, here's what we have:

L:
*Triscuits
*Apple
*Cheese Stick

R:
*Yogurt Tube


At this time, J is still deciding. 

Waste: Cheese stick wrapper and yogurt tube.

A note about the pineapple chicken salad.
My green onions went limp!  Anyone else have this issue?  They weren't very old at all!  Any thoughts on how to keep them fresh?  So, I had to leave them out.  I also left out the salt, pepper and other spices.  I'm sure they would have added to the flavor and made it taste even better, but I still left it all out.  I didn't have a whole pound of cooked chicken.  I had about 3/4 of a cup.  I added 1 tablespoon of the plain yogurt and a little less than that of the mayo.  I only had baby carrots on hand, so I just chopped them.  I didn't measure the pineapple, either, we went by taste with it.  L tested it and asked if she could have it for breakfast!  I guess that means it's good!  It certainly looked good!  The carrots were little specs of color in the mostly white salad.  It almost resembled an ambrosia.  It has at least 1/2 a serving of each fruit and veggie and honestly it looks like a very fatty salad, but it's not!!!!
So, now I have a full loaf of bread.  Maybe I'll cook up and freeze some french toast!  

2 comments:

  1. I keep my green onions in the crisper in a small tupperware container with a spritz of water. They usually keep for about a week like that. Sometimes I just chop them all up as soon as I get home and again put them in a container and they keep pretty well like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel! I'll definitely try that!

    ReplyDelete