BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today's Lunch Boxes

Happy Tuesday!
Tuesday is usually my grocery shopping day.  However, I didn't need too many items this week, so I just popped in to Trader Joe's yesterday.  I purchased these:



This is something I would not normally purchase.  First off, it was a little pricey.  Secondly, it's not very green at all.  I can just put applesauce in a reusable container and have zero waste from lunch.  But, when the little ones ask for something, I have some trouble saying no!  Especially when the ingredients are applesauce, carrot sauce and pumpkin juice.  They come in a packet, not too unlike a yogurt tube, with a twist off top.  The kids then SQUISH the apple carrot sauce into their mouths.  These are making an appearance in 2/3 of today's lunch boxes!

L:
*Peanut Butter & Jelly Tortilla Roll
*Apple Carrot Sauce
*Vanilla Yogurt
*Pear

R:
*Apple Carrot Sauce

J:
*Yogurt Tube

Waste: 2 crusher pack and cap, recyclable yogurt container, yogurt tube.

3 comments:

  1. Tried something similar to these a few weeks ago. Riley's friends made fun of her and said it was baby food :o( Maddie didn't like it at all. I hope you guys had a better experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mom".... I really feel bad that Riley's friends make fun of her. I only hope that someday she'll realize SHE is the one with the right food! I'm going to pick them up now, so I'll let you know what the verdict is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, L said "they were too appley" and R loved it.

    ReplyDelete