BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another lunch idea...

I think I may have mentioned last week the lunch idea cook book I took out of the library...  I'm finally getting around to checking it out.  Definitely some great ideas.  Here's another:

Pineapple Chicken Salad Pitas

2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast - about 1 pound
1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup light mayo
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I would use greek)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce - I may leave this out - trying to be kid friendly ;-)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - I will just use a little bit of fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 8oz. can crushed pineapple, in juice - drained
4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
8 romaine lettuce leaves.

1. Combine all ingredients, except pita and lettuce in a large bowl, stir well.  Line each pita 1/2 with 1 lettuce leaf; fill with 1/3 cup of the chicken salad.  Yields 4 servings, 2 stuffed pita halves, each.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this one! I have everything BUT pitas and romaine. I think I'd do it w/spinach anyway. Yay! Lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete