BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dinner with friends

My BFF and her 3 wee ones (6, 4 and 1) are here for a visit.  Tonight's dinner needs to feed 6 kids and 3 adults.  It also needs to be healthy and delicious.

I decided to go with roast pork, rubbed with a paste of rosemary, garlic and olive oil.  *Big THANKS to my friend Amy for suggesting this the other night!!!
Pearl onions, roasted in the same pan as the pork.
Mashed Potatoes (we let the kids vote on what kind of potatoes, mashed won by a landslide!)
Steamed Broccoli
Steamed Carrots
Unsweetened Applesauce

Not the type of meal my BFF and I can eat standing, but we'll manage ;-)

We've come a long way from chicken nuggies and french fries!

****UPDATE****
This dinner was delicious.  Everyone loved it!  I did forget to put out the applesauce, but with 6 kids all talking at the same time, something was bound to go missing!  Here's a picture of the roasts.  They were moist and delicious!  Thanks again to Amy for the suggestion and thanks to Jenn for spending the day with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment