BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Biscuits and Eggs

My first thought upon waking up this morning was, "UGH... it's too damn early."  My second was, "What should I make the kids for breakfast?"  Ok, maybe my second was, "I need coffee"... but it was close after that I started thinking about breakfast.  I definitely wanted them to have eggs.  They had been asking for scrambled eggs.  What to serve with them?  I didn't put any bread in the machine, so we don't have bread.  I have 50 lbs. of whole wheat flour... DROP BISCUITS!!!!
Here's what I did:
Preheat oven to 450°.

2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon of sugar - I think these would also be awesome with honey instead of the sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of butter - you could totally replace this with another oil, but REAL butter, makes them taste oh so good.  And it's only a 1/4 cup!
1 cup milk.

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Cut in the butter, using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add milk and stir until moistened.

I used an ice cream scoop and scooped out 12 biscuits.  I cooked them on my very seasoned Pampered Chef stone for about 12-14 minutes.


They were delicious!  Not too heavy, like you would expect a whole wheat to be and very buttery!!!
My kids asked the name, I told them Drop Biscuits... they renamed them Rock Biscuits because they LOOK like rocks, they don't taste like rocks though!

No comments:

Post a Comment