BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 1, 2011

Lunches and other updates

I've been MIA.  I've been super busy.  Also, my kids have been very boring with their lunches, asking for the same thing day after day.  It's been pb&j, yogurt and fruit every day.  Not something I need to write about or take a picture of.  Today is a new day though!
Here's L's Lunch:


*Crackers
*Tomatoes
*Carrots
*Cheese Stick
*Hummus
*Granola Bar
*Apple


I made my own little bento box using silicone baking cups and a chinese take-out container.  
You may notice the pink lunch box is gone.  This is her panda lunch box.  It's usually reserved for days when it's a snack only day.  However, the pink one bit the dust.  Her new one is on it's way!!!!

Waste: Cheese stick wrapper and granola wrapper.


In other updates...
I went grocery shopping and for the first time, purchased Blue Agave.  I bought it in the raw.  I didn't know if that would be better, but I know that sugar in the raw and honey in the raw are both so yummy tasting, so I went with it!  I tried it in my tea.  It was good.  I don't think I'd use it there too often though.  Maybe for the occasional iced tea.  L used it this morning on her plain yogurt with Kashi and LOVED it.  I only needed to use a little drizzle.  

While on the subject of sweeteners... 
I tried Truvia a while back, it was ok.  I have been a Splenda girl for a while.  But since I'm trying to eliminate as many processed/artificial things from my diet, I thought I'd go the natural route.  
Here's 2 things I found:
a) I used the same amount of packets as I did Splenda, even though these packets seem MUCH fuller.
b) The weird aftertaste that I had after the first few tries, went away.

I like that this sweetener comes from a leaf.  I'm definitely a big fan of plant based foods.  I don't think I could ever give up my meat or dairy, so I could never go vegan, but I could definitely embrace some of the other aspects of that lifestyle.  

My kids are on spring break next week, so there won't be any lunch boxes.  We do plan on trying some new recipes, I'll share those.  

Happy Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment